A surprise to Vairamuthu - Mani and A.R.R

Mani Ratnam and A.R Rahman 


Mani Ratnam and Rahman together given a surprise to Vairamuthu by the movie 'Kadal''s music.

Vairamuthu says, "Mani and Rahman have planned to work on a few songs. That time I was out of town for other work. They have chosen one from my Thanneer Desam poetry collection and they have finished recording the song. Thanneer Desam is about the significance of the sea. Likewise, they picked two poems from my other works as well. When I was called to the studio, the song came as a surprise to me. I was stunned by Rahman's composition of my poems."

Composing music to poems is not new to Rahman and Mani Ratnam. Vairamuthu recollects, "My poetries have influenced Evano Oruvan song from Alaipayuthe and Yakkai Thiri from Aayitha Ezhuthu. Mani Ratnam likes using impressive words from my poems in his songs. Actually, Mani loves poetry."